Position Title: Monitoring Associate
Reports to: Sr. Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
As team member of M&E Unit, the incumbent will assist the M & E Unit in the monitoring and evaluation of program areas.
- Assist the Manager MEAL in the monitoring, evaluation and research in program area.
- Assist the Manager MEAL to coordinate the M&E activities with the rest of the project staff members
- Analyze data collected from field units producing and updating various statistical briefs.
- Assist the Manager MEAL and Program Managers to design monitoring formats/tools.
- Support in carrying out research for the improvement of the program.
- Work with the field Project Managers in identification of the study areas and carrying out case studies, impact assessment etc at program level.
- Develop & maintain a data base for various projects
- Operates, coordinate and handle the data related to Projects/program
- Assisting in preparation of quarterly and annual work plans.
- Assist the Manager MEAL and Programs teams in putting together the Monitoring and evaluation guidelines and ensure its implementations.
- Assist Manager MEAL and other relevant program heads for coping with the weaknesses and possible vulnerable areas; through proper and timely sharing of information.
- Assist the Programs team in guiding the process for identifying the key performance questions/indicators and parameters for monitoring project performance and comparing it to targets. Design the format for such performance reports.
- Assist in designing the framework for the physical and process monitoring of project activities based on the annual work plan and in particular the program budgets.
- Review monitoring reports; analyze them for impact evaluation and to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation.
- Minimum 1 years experience in a similar capacity.
- Masters Development Studies, international development, economics or equivalent
- Capable of working individually and as part of a team.
- Capable of handling Data base (Access, SPSS); essential.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under challenging conditions with persons from differing backgrounds.
- Capable of working in multi-cultural environment.
- Can work with minimum guidance and supervision.
- Effective communication and Decision making skills are essential.
Analytical abilities: should be able to analyze complex information and make decisions accordingly.
Stress tolerance: should be able to work accurately under such conditions. .
Attitude: Must possess a positive and willing to do attitude.
Time Management : Ability to manage stiff work and submission deadlines in the assigned timeline
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP (INTERNAL):
Keep close liaison with M&E Unit.