Position Title: Social Mobilizer/Training Officer
Reports to: Project Manager
The main purpose of this position is to mobilize the community through dialogue and awareness raising activities, conduct community trainings in selected project areas and assist for conducting baseline/ project research where required.
1. Social Mobilizer is responsible for mobilizing the community through dialogue, awareness raising.
2. SM will form a village committee from the community for each village to take ownership and management at local level for the facilities.
3. SM will provide facilitation in the group formation, election of representatives, record keeping and training/ capacity building of the VC members.
4. SM will ensure active community support for the project activities and ownership.
5. SM will facilitate the weekly meetings of these VCs and participate from organization’s side.
6. Carryout community awareness sessions according to the implementation plan.
7. SM will identify and proactively communicate any issues that might affect the project implementation and engage community support with guidance from the Project manager to address the issues.
8. Collection and dissemination of information between communities, project staff and stakeholders.
9. Reporting the progress on regular basis.
10. Carry out other project related functional roles as requested and guided by Project manager and Project Engineer.
11. Other duties as assigned by Project manager and Project engineer.
Analytical abilities: should be able to analyze complex information and make decisions accordingly.
Stress tolerance: should be able to work accurately under such conditions. .
Team working: should be able to work as a team player.
Attitude: Must possess a positive and willing to do attitude.
Time Management : Ability to manage stiff work and submission deadlines in the assigned timeline
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP (INTERNAL):
Keep close liaison with project associate and project manager
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP (EXTERNAL):
Keep close liaison with all beneficiaries and community members