Maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements; designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting company's computer systems, installing upgrades & monitoring network performance. Designs and installs LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments.
- Maintaining the complete IT network for the office, that includes keeping all the hardware, software and network peripherals in working order.
- Dealing with service providers for internet and hardware/software issues
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and network issues
- Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software.
- Analyze and isolate issues.
- Identify user needs.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system's performance.
- Determine network and system requirements.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Design and deploy networks.
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPNgateways, intrusion detection systems.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Maintaining the inventory of Hardware peripherals at minimum level
- Keeping the Stock of office equipments
- Responsible of additional online web related tasks.
- Troubleshooting of UPS/power related issues
- Attend CCTV Camera’s related Issues
- Internet bandwidth monitoring and troubleshooting with ISPs
- Deal with photocopier, scanner and printing machine.
Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study, Technical Zeal, Web Servers Management (IIS, Apache and etc)
Qualifications and training required
- BCS,BIT, BSCS, BSIT, MCS, MIT, MSCS, MSIT
- Network administrators will need to understand how to connect devices to form a fast and efficient network. It helps if you have experience of networks running on specific network operating systems.
- Any additional qualifications such as Microsoft certified system engineer (MCSE) status or Cisco certified internetwork expert (CCIE) will be plus.