I. JOB SUMMARY:
The Micro-Enterprise Promoter is expected to be the area based focal person for the vendor establishment and strengthening within the Food Voucher modality of CARE International in Pakistan’s: Pakistan Emergency Food Security Alliance (PEFSA) III program, which includes reconstruction interventions (e.g. Cash-for-Work, income transfer/small productive grants, Food Voucher distribution, re-activation of small scale agriculture, etc). The position is responsible for supporting vendors in proper capacity and quality in products in order to be able to participate in the Food Voucher Modality within the PEFSA III project. The position will be required to provide: 1) on-going supervision/technical support to vendors participating in Food Voucher Modality, 2) support village groups in Vendor participation in Food Voucher Modality,3) support Vendors in payment for Food Vouchers, 4) monitoring Food Voucher Vendor participation, product quality, and level of beneficiary satisfaction. The Micro-Enterprise Promoter will participate as part of their respective provincial team in program planning, relationship building, maintaining contacts, promotion of harmonization of interventions (when/where feasible) and participating in the relevant cluster coordination and planning meetings. S/he will provide capacity developing tools to local partners and facilitate (directly or indirectly) training or technical support to partner staff and project participants.
The Micro-Enterprise Promoter will work directly with small vendors at the village level (Local Vendors) and support the procurement process with the larger vendors at the Tehsil Level in Kunri (Regional Vendors).
This position is to be funded for 4 months, starting the 2nd of July 2012 until the 31st of October 2012.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
% of Time: 50%
A. Establish and strengthen Vendor participation in Food Voucher modality.
1) Develop, in coordination with the Procurement Team, the Local and Regional Vendor requirements and selection criteria for the Food Voucher modality process.
2) Support Local Vendor village level identification for Food Voucher modality participation.
3) Train and develop Local Vendor capacity in Food Voucher management.
4) Oversee and monitor Local Vendor participation in Food Voucher modality and provide strategy to ensure continued participation.
% of Time: 30%
B. Monitor and evaluate Vendor participation and products.
1) Maintain and support positive relationships between Local and Regional Vendors, and Food Voucher beneficiaries.
2) Establish and monitor Complaint Response Mechanism for Local and Regional Vendors.
3) Provide price monitoring, negotiation and regulation with Local and Regional Vendors.
4) Support in periodic meetings with implementing partners to review project (as well as partner) performance and discuss issues of mutual concern. Undertake a leading role in problem solving and conflict resolution to ensure the timely and professional implementation of project initiatives.
% of Time: 20%
C. Support all aspects of monitoring, reporting and documenting learning as defined in the approved proposal, contract agreement and/or required by CARE-Pakistan.
1) In coordination with the EFSL Manager, implement a monitoring system (protocols, formats, data analysis and information system distribution) that will enable the project to determine physical progress, qualitative analysis as well as the ongoing measurement of defined project objective indicators and outputs, within the Food Voucher modality.
2) Implement procedures and timeframe established by the EFSL Manager, for collection of any required baseline data prior to the initiation of discreet program interventions and follow-up data collection.
3) Support the analysis of monitoring information and implement appropriate modifications established by the EFSL Manager related to EFSL security strategies/procedures/systems as required.
4) Support the monitoring of all program related reporting (internal/external), in order to ensure that they are prepared accurately and on a timely basis in accordance with established donor guidelines and/or CARE requirements.
5) Support the EFSL Manager in ensuring that systems are in place to periodically capture and document learning related to success and failures occurring during the program period. Emphasis should be given to demonstrating how learning is shared with implementing partners and applied to improving program quality and/or outputs.
6) Perform other Duties as assigned by Supervisor, EFSL Manager and/or Project Manager.
A) General Accountability – The Micro-Enterprise Promoter is to be present in the field and be the on-hand source of monitoring and evaluation for the project. The position has the responsibility to provide suggestions for improvements and document lessons learned. The Micro-Enterprise Promoter reports and is accountable to the EFSL Manager. Any significant deviations from the approved project design/implementation plan/contractual obligations, requires consultation with the EFSL Manager, Project Manager and/or Assistant Country Director/Program).
B) Financial Accountability – The Micro-Enterprise Promoter has financial responsibility over specific pre-approved costs and expenditures. Any financial responsibilities are to be established by the EFSL Manager, and/or the Project Manager.IV. Critical Relationships
Internal to CARE:
The ME Promoter will work closely with the Nutrition Officer, ESFL Officer, EFSL Manager, Operations Officer and Project Manager and other sector managers and other EFSL field based staff members. The position requires the development of good working relationships with all project-related staff as well as program and administrative staff of CARE-Pakistan.
External to CARE:
Designated implementing partners, local gov’t authorities, Local and Regional Vendors, Community Leaders as well as local and international private/non-governmental organizations involved in similar livelihood activities, - especially those operating within the same geographic areas project area.
V. Working Conditions
The position will be based out of the Mirpur Khas office with frequent travel (80%) to the project areas. When required, the ME Promoter will travel to as necessary to attend meetings and follow-up on programmatic issues. VI. Qualifications and Experience
1. University Degree in a development related field or business related field
2. Minimum 1 year professional working experience with an NGO associated to Micro-Enterprise development, Emergency, and/or Livelihood Security
3. Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
4. Well developed verbal and written communication skills in English.
5. Computer literate in Windows-based versions of Microsoft Word and Excel.
TECHNICAL SKILLS (Desired)
- Practical knowledge of micro-enterprisedevelopment interventions.
- Strong Verbal/Written andcommunication skills
- Experience in conflict resolutionand consensus based decision making. The position will be required totravel to all project areas and willingness to work in reconstructionsituations under difficult life conditions
§ Ability lead program design with thorough analysis of context and problems, identification of goals, objectives and activities and rationale/stretegies of intervetions
- Strong personal organizations andtime management skills with the capacity to adapt to a changingenvironment and work under tight deadlines.
§ Strong skills in networking, building relationships and liaison with counterparts.
Respect, accountability, building partnerships, communication with impact, collaboration, initiating action, innovation, information monitoring, integrity, interpersonal kills, planning and organizing.