This position will be the technical lead for ensuring the approaches to Community Based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM) applied in Project meet the standards agreed. S/he will provide technical guidance, monitoring and support to PIU staff, partners, government line departments on CBDRM/ DRR / Disaster Risk Management (DRM). Developing and conducting relevant capacity building initiatives for the project staff, capturing learning and best practice will be an important part of their role. Crucially they will be the focal person for the UN agency that will provide technical trainings on CBDRM as part of the project in Islamabad to will work with that agency in the development and monitoring of these trainings. The position will lead the relevant technical working group of the consortium members.
· Provide technical support in the design & implementation of CBDRM programme in line with Organisation and donor Programme Guidelines.
· Develop guidelines for CBDRM/DRR interventions in accordance with relevant national and international sector standards and best practices (RC Code of Conduct, Humanitarian Charter, Sphere, HAP-I, People in Aid etc.).
· In close consultation with managers, provide capacity building support to Program, consortium and local partner staff.
· Work with M&E Specialist to develop tools for effective monitoring and evaluation of programmes.
· Review and provide technical input in the donor reports.
· Provide technical input in the need assessment, context analysis, baselines, reviews & evaluations; and provide support in partner selection.
· Support in the development of learning documents, conducting periodic impact studies of the programme.
· Support in the mainstreaming of cross cutting themes in the design of programmes.
· Support in the establishment of working relationship with relevant government and non-governmental agencies (research institutions, DDMAs, PDMAs and NDMA etc).
· Represent the organisation as technical lead for CBDRM/DRR on relevant fora, as required.
Organization Staff Code of Conduct
Organization has a staff Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation and to clarify the responsibilities of Organization Staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behaviour expected from them. In this context staff has the responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standard in day to day conduct in their work place in accordance with Organization’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Organization will be expected to sign the Programme participant Protection Policy and the Organization Staff Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract employment.
Any breach of Organization Staff Code of Conduct or the Programme participant Protection Policy by employees of Organization during the course of their employment will result in disciplinary action up to, and including dismissal.
Counter Terrorism Policy
Organization receives a substantial amount of funding from external donors each year. Increasingly donors are introducing requirements whereby future funding is conditional on Organization ensuring that the names of any new employee or volunteer do not appear on terrorism lists generated by the European Union (List of person, groups and entities to which Regulation (EC No. 2580/2001 applies), the US Government (Office of Foreign Assets Control list of specially designated Nationals and Blocked Persons) and the United Nations (Consolidated List).
‘Any offer of employment (either paid or voluntary) with Organization will not be made pending a clearance check being conducted on the applicant. For additional information please consult our web site or contact the Human Resource Division in our Head Office.
By submitting a formal application for paid or voluntary employment to Organization, you agree to Organization carrying out a clearance check as outlined above and that Organization will not proceed to recruit you should your name appear on any of the aforementioned lists.