The Center for Peace and Development Initiatives, Pakistan (CPDI) is an independent, non-partisan and a not-for-profit civil society organization working on issues of peace and development in Pakistan. It was established in September 2003.
CPDI has its main office at Islamabad; however projects are implemented throughout Pakistan. CPDI also maintains its regional/project offices in 6 different cities.
CPDI is initiating a project titled Citizens Oversight and Accountability of Education Sector Budget. This is a one-year project and being implemented with the support of United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through its Citizens Voice Program. We have an opening for Project Manager for this Project.
The Project Manager, Citizens Oversight and Accountability of Education Sector Budget, will ensure the implementation of program, as well as develop capacity of program team. Project Manager also works closely with ED to explore program growth opportunities and to develop new project proposal, build Center for Peace and Development Initiatives relationships with other stakeholders. This position is based in Islamabad with frequent travel to project sites (Lahore, Jhelum and Chakwal). The position may be transferred to Lahore after first quarter.
- The main activity of the project include awareness raising of the general public, training workshops for youth, journalists and CSOs and establish and strengthen linkages between citizens and civil society on the one hand, and district/ provincial authorities, legislators or legislatures (or their committees) on the other hand for the purpose of input, feedback, advocacy and accountability in relation to education sector budget.
- The Project Manager is also responsible for general trouble shooting, identifying on an on-going basis issues that are hampering project implementation and pro-actively proposing and implementing solutions.
- Ensure all reporting obligations set out in the Grant Agreements of the donor are fulfilled.
- PM will provide technical support to project staff for quality implementation of project
- PM will develop linkages with donors, UN agencies and other stake holders
- PM will be responsible for timely submission of monthly and quarterly narrative and financial report to sub recipient
- PM will work closely with M&E department for development of monitoring and evaluation tool for project
- PM will works closely with finance department for effective use of budget as well as ensure that budget are spent as per project agreement and donor dead line
- PM will be responsible for the planning, designing, monitoring and management of all official work and field activities regarding project
- PM will build capacity of staff through formal and informal training
- Masters degree in economics, finance, development studies, political science, sociology or any other related field.
- Minimum three years of professional experience of managing development sector projects,
- Professional knowledge of basic computer programs MS Office, Excel, Power point, In-page, Internet and e-mail.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide systematic solutions in line with established policies/procedures
- Proven experience in all aspects of programming, including project design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Excellent writing (reports, letters, project proposals) skills
- Experience of working in delicate situations with local organizations
- Willingness to travel in project districts
- Flexible, motivated team player.
- Must have fluency in English and Urdu. Knowledge of local languages would be an additional advantage
- Understand budget and acquaintance with budget documents
- Excellent knowledge of post-18th amendment local and provincial scenario
- Understand issues related to education budget at district and provincial level
- Knowledge of district government budget rules and budget making process at district and provincial level
- CPDI is an equal opportunity provider. Equally qualified women, persons from minorities and physically challenged persons are encouraged to apply.
- CPDI is a smoke free area.
- Please do not send any other documents (except CV and covering letter) at this stage.
- Only short listed candidate will be called for test/interview. No TA/DA is admissible for appearing in test/interview.
- The recruitment committee has the right to reject any or all the applications with pot assigning any reason.
- The selected candidate will have to join immediately and no joining time will be given.
Project Managers, Admin and Finance Officers, HR Manager, Project Staff and Executive Director
FAFEN (TDEA), CVP, The Asia Foundation (TAF)