We are seeking two first class capable and experienced Developers familiar with commercial deployments of ASP.NET and C# based web applications and SOA web service architecture. You will be involved in new development initiatives as well as maintaining established products.
As a key developer, you will be responsible for ensuring that significant and critical areas of the product are developed to the highest levels of quality possible. You will be interacting with cutting edge Microsoft technologies, and be expected to have a good understanding of a broad range of programming related disciplines. As part of this infrastructure, you will be expected to work in an agile SCRUM environment including interaction with offshore teams based in the UK and India. You will also be expected to have interaction with QA/BA and Operational Business Units, and will report directly to the UK Technical Lead. You will work alongside other exceptional caliber developers in the development team, as well as other business areas in order to deliver a market leading solution.
With strong, effective communication skills, both written and verbal (English proficiency), and experience of working in multilingual, multicultural environment, your credentials will demonstrate your ability to deliver results while managing a number of competing tasks in a dynamic, deadline-oriented environment.
- This is a "hands on" software development role and adheres to Engineering's Agile life cycle methodology.
- Analyze software requirements; write unit tests, identify product impact and possible implementation options, and recommend the solution that best suits the needs of the requirement.
- Creation and maintenance of application code that meets design specifications, follows internal standards, and is easy to maintain
- Test and review code for technical accuracy, performance, standards, and functional compliance to the design
- Participate in the investigation and resolution of software defects
- Creation of functional specifications and design documents for software enhancements
- Maintain product documentation to reflect enhancements and other software changes
- Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently complete assigned development tasks in required time frames
- Fulfill administrative reporting requirements
- Other duties as assigned by management
To meet this challenge you must possess a high level of initiative and professional credibility gained in the following skills:
- University Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years experience in software application development using C# with .Net 2.0 (or higher), SQL Server and ASP.Net
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of developing in a team environment
- Good understanding of OOP will be an asset
Additionally, experience with any number of the following will be a distinct advantage:
Salary will be commensurate with experience and job responsibilities.