Being site head, effective management of the entire plant site and all its associated operations and resources. The General Manager Plant ensures delivery of production targets, of maximum plant availability, cost conscious and efficiency targets while remaining in full compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
The DH fertilizer is located in Sheikhupura consists of a 445 Kt urea manufacturing complex that is spread over an area of approximately 692 acres. The manufacturing facility was established in 1968 and was the largest ammonia/urea plant in country at that time. DHFL manufactures and markets urea under the brand name "Bubber Sher" with market capitalization of PKR 29.39 billion. Bubber Sher�has consistently delivered quality and value for more than 40 years and today it is recognized as a household name for farmers and agriculturists. Anhydrous Ammonia is provided for the manufacture of soda ash, fructose and other miscellaneous chemicals.
The job requires a good understanding of manufacturing operations and the jobholder is required to exercise judgment and form independent and informed views to guide the operations team in the face of conflicting priorities.
Being Site head the entire team at the Plant looks up to the GM for clear direction and guidance on all aspects of the operations. Sustaining team morale and motivation on this remote Site is an essential requirement of the job and maintaining a healthy work climate within the Site is critical to the delivery of business objectives. The job holder is required to not only keep the staff fully motivated, but also to ensure that their families are fully engaged and are supported.
The role requires constant focus on HSE and ensuring that the excellent record of the plant is maintained. Manufacturing performance improvement initiatives and bench marked efficiency targets are championed and steered by the job holder for successful delivery through a series of stretch targets for the team. In order to nurture and develop future operations leadership of the Company it is essential that the incumbent has the capability of developing relationships at all levels of the organization and acts as a mentor and coach for the young engineers.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTIBILITIES FOR INITIAL PERIOD
- Ensure that all operations are conducted with full compliance withDH standards and Product guidelines and local legislation. Also conductall operations strictly in accordance with internal controls and businessethics framework.
- Steer plant operations to deliver continuous improvements in plantoutput, efficiencies and productivity in line with business strategy andto develop benchmark capability.
- Develop and champion Capital investments, steer capitaleffectiveness and ensure delivery of all major and minor capital projectsto required design intent and scope within time and cost.
- Ensure a conducive workenvironment at the plant and maintain Industrial peace.
- Provide support to CEO in developing business strategies and along term vision for the business. Ensure preparation of annual budgetplans and update with latest views.Ensure delivery of all controllables within the plan and subsequentlatest views and stretch targets.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with local community,notables in Sheikhupur, local anddistrict administration, Regional GM SNGPL and other SNGPL offices andother suppliers and all other relevant departments and agencies foreffectively defending/protecting and projecting company�s interests andviewpoint in line with business strategy.
- Foster and strengthen teamwork and a high performance culture atthe Site. Encourage openness andinnovation within the team and lead by example. ensure excellent workingrelationship with HOD and other division heads. Ensure people development, careerprogression and succession to meet current and future requirements in theoperations function in full consultation with the CEO.
- Supervise the technical training of the personnel, qualitymanagement system, inventory management and quality related matters.
- Frequent and regular communication with the plant employees onmanufacturing, people, environment, strategy, policy & procedure, newinitiative etc.
- Act as advisor on technical matters of the company.
PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED FOR THE JOB HOLDER
Champions strategic change plans and develops people capability
Unifies the team at site. Commissions patterns of teamwork
Should be accountable for wisdom of policies
Creates and fosters an empowering climate and inspires by example
Creates breakthrough strategies and plans ahead