Key duties/responsibilities of Account officer:
1. Manage and promote business relationships with new / existing customers.
2. Forecasting sales to optimize scheduling and improve customer service.
3. Tracking, maintaining and analyzing customer data.
4. Recruitment, training and supervision of two or more Account Directors.
5. Allocating accounts for management to Account Directors.
6. Establishing maintenance and growth targets.
7. Assisting in the collection and resolution of past due accounts.
8. Analyze financial statements and manage risks.
9. Managing an active account tracking and reporting procedure in accordance with company procedures.
10. Influencing development of sales and pricing strategies, market penetration and service expansion within assigned accounts.
11. Prepare credit applications and conduct ratings.
12. Monitor and maintain the credit files.
13. Maintaining detailed knowledge of the companys products, services, and policies and communicating this knowledge to customers.
14. Maintaining a current understanding of the competitive landscape.
15. Maintaining customer bid schedules and status at all times.
16. Gather business/industry/market information and plan better business strategies.