POSITION: EPI Technician
RESPONSIBLE TO: Medical Officer
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND TASKS
Core Responsibilities & Duties
· Conducts static vaccination sessions in BHUs as scheduled including holding outreach activities in the field
· Administers vaccines correctly in accordance with guidelines, and maintains strict aseptic techniques
· Reports and record measles cases and conduct ring immunization, mopping up and or any other supplemental immunization activities/campaigns
· Liaise closely with LHV, Healthy promoters and other staff in order to avoid missed opportunities (including screening of cards) for immunization of children and women, children to be followed up on due list and defaulter tracing. Also coordinates for proper birth recording/reporting and growth monitoring activities in the facilities with the teams.
· Maintains accurate record/chart of monitoring coverage of the target population
· Maintains accurate EPI records including daily and permanent registers, and additional records on due and defaulters (prepare and update lists on monthly basis)
· Provides counselling to the care givers on the preventive and promotive health aspects of the vaccines, vaccination schedules, when to return for the other shot of vaccine etc.
· Receives vaccines from the field office and ensures that the cold chain is correctly maintained to the point of actual immunization in accordance to standardized guidelines
· Prepares monthly statistical report, vaccine consumption/wastage rates and submits in timely manner.
· Ensures that used syringes, needles and all vaccinations vials/ampoules are stored and disposed off per protocols.
· Participates in meeting with community representatives, volunteers and to discuss EPI activities such as defaulters, EPI campaigns etc.
· Help LHV in growth monitoring activities
· Co-ordinate with health promoters on regular basis for defaulter tracing and participate in health education session
· Coordinate with the nutrition wing for the treatment of the identified malnourished children and their follow up
EHSAR Foundation was established as a Nongovernmental non profitable and non political organization (NGO) in 2005. It was, registered in 2007 with DSW/NWFP/2804, Under the Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (Registration and Control) Ordinance 1961 (XLVI of 1961). EHSAR operates in all Districts of P ...Read More