We at Elixir Securities are looking for highly motivated, qualified and street smart individuals to join our professional team.
Elixir Securities, a fully owned subsidiary of the Dawood Group, is one of the largest and most progressive financial institutions in Pakistan. We provide a variety of services including investments and brokerage to national and international clientele.
We invite applications for the following position:
The Analyst will undertake detailed and focused sell-side research on his assigned business sectors and companies. Equity Research is the knowledge center at Elixir and the analyst would thus be expected to materially contribute to investment ideas that work as enablers for other departments in the organization (equity brokerage /corporate finance /money markets/commodities/FX). The other details are given below.
- Develop a thorough understanding of sectors/companies assigned.
- Conduct detailed research (both primary and secondary) on the assigned sectors/companies and generate investment ideas for institutional, high net worth and retail client base.
- Remain abreast of the key developments occurring in the broader market in general and assigned sectors in specific and provide active and timely updates through alerts and briefs.
- Provide training to junior analysts as well as other members of the organizations to the extent to which their role demands understanding of equity research.
- Develop and maintain management contacts in companies under coverage and interact with them on a regular basis.
- Interact with clients about investment ideas and participate inroad shows, client meets and other related events.
- Assist the department in developing/maintaining/updating databases and periodical reports.
The analyst should at least have a bachelor degree in economics, finance or related areas from a well reputed institution. Candidates with a CFA qualification (charter holders/actively pursuing the program) will be preferred. The other requirements are given below
- At least2 years of equity research experience preferably on the sell side
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills encompassing finance and investment.
- Thorough understanding about various valuation approaches and methods
- Excellent communications skills (both written and oral English).
- Familiarity with various research/database platforms (Bloomberg,Reuters etc.)
- Should be confident, hard working, result oriented and a good team player
- Candidates with research experience in oil & gas /chemicals /fertilizer sectors will be preferred