1. Performs preventive maintenance on uninterrupted power supply systems, generators, and air compressors to maintain system operation and reliability.
2. Repairs and maintains remote standby generator systems and prime power generators.
3. Repairs, modifies, constructs, fabricates, installs and maintains building structures and equipment, (e.g. roofs, floors, walls, ceilings, foundations, generators, HVAC equipment, compressors, etc.) to provide safe conditions for employees.
4. Identifies and corrects building and equipment problems by performing carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, and HVAC work to maintain buildings
5. Installs, repairs and maintains new and replacement generator systems to enhance communications systems reliability.
6. Analyzes electrical circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings, and installs, repairs, calibrates, services or replaces electrical devices and systems to prevent overload.
7. Responds to 24-hour emergency calls to repair remote generator systems.
8. Plans and schedules corrective action and preventive maintenance to repair or modify defects and maintain operating condition of facilities and equipment.
9. Assesses critical loads of power requirements to power sources and generators to determine user needs of electrical and/or backup power.
10. Installs conduits and wires to provide power for employees.
11. Monitors weekly generator performance to maintain communication system reliability.