Global Engineering Services is a pioneer in ASIC design and verification, SD Design, PCB and CAM engineering in Pakistan. Working since 2000, we are an offshore office for Whizz Systems, Silicon Valley, USA. Global Engineering Services is the most experienced service provider in Design to Proto domain. With in-house design, simulation, layout, and materials, we offer you a dynamic and challenging environment for your learning and development and with the opportunity to utilize your full potential.
Senior Software Developer
This position will design, develop, test, improve and document System Designs. Evaluate system functionality to ensure its successful integration.
Establish a software and firmware development group focused on design and development of sub-systems that uses Caviums OCTEON-II processors for networking markets. Develop and support open source linux OS for Caviums OCTEON and ECONA line of processors.
- Good understanding and ability to use EJTAG tool to debug new designs.
- Solid low-level uBoot, OS kernel and chip-programming experience.
- Excellent programming skills - C and assembly (preferably MIPS).
- Experience with writing device drivers (PCI, USB, Ethernet etc)
- Knowledge of various debugging tools (EJTAG, probes, osc, logic analyzers, etc.).
- Knowledge of networking protocol stacks (TCP/IP, UDP, IPsec, SSL, etc.)
- Knowledge of ECONA/ARM and OCTEON/MIPS64 CPU architecture and deep packet inspection.
- Ability to understand system level architecture and write SDK documentation and board bring up guidelines.
- Self starter, team player, leadership skills to motivate and train engineers, and takes ownership to get the job done.
- Ability to hire the right engineering talent, guide and train the software engineers to accomplish group activities.
- Interfaces with Whizz/Rhino Labs team in California to plan for projects.
- Skills associated with profiling and optimization of control-plane and data-plane software.
- Expert in
- Packet processing hardware expert
- Networking protocol stacks (IP/TCP/IPSec/SSL etc);
- ARM, and MIPS64 architectures