1. Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that describe product or services in order to persuade potential customers to purchase a product or service.
2. Contact business or private individuals by telephone or other equipment In order to solicit sales for goods or services.
3. Explain product or services and prices and answer questions from customers
4. Adjust sales script to better target the needs and interest of potential customers
5. Obtain customer information i.e. name, e-mail id, etc
6. Obtain name and telephone of potential customers from telephone directories, referrals and other sources
7. Answer telephone calls from potential customers who have been solicited through advertisements
8. Maintain updated record of contacts along with remarks
9. Schedule appointment for sales representative to meet with prospective customers or for customers to attend sales presentations
10. Conduct client or market surveys in order to obtain information about potential clients