Fundraising Officer will be responsible to build a long term fundraising partnership by researching, shaping and implementing fundraising strategy and plan. The incumbent would organize fundraising events and raise awareness of the organization and its work, both at national and international level.
Main Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Develop fundraising strategy and plan in consultation with the Director Strategic Support Unit to maximize funds.
- Build new and maintain profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with corporations and potential corporate sponsors.
- Organize fundraising events for the organization
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the organization.
- Work towards accomplishment of corporate fundraising targets by obtaining sponsorships, finances and in-kind donations.
- Create, maintain and manage (new and current) donor relationships
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the organization
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor related to the position
Essential Education, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Master’s degree in social or management science
- At least three years relevant experience of working with NGOs preferably INGOs
- Proven experience of fundraising
- Experience of organizing fundraising events and awareness raising campaigns
- Strong leadership qualities that include ability to lead and coordinate a multi-disciplinary team of volunteers.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and in a team environment to achieve maximum results in a cost effective manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal communication skills in English and Urdu.
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent negotiation and networking skills
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to represent HF in a confident, courteous and coherent manner