Position:Junior Legal Counsel
Qualifications and Experience: Minimum Education: LLB (first division or CGPA 3.00) Bachelor degree in law or above, . Minimum 2-3 years post qualification experience of working either as in-house legal counsel or in a well-reputed law firm. Strong inter-personal communication skills. Must have a basic knowledge of litigation and working of the Courts of Pakistan.
Functional Area/Responsibilities: As an In-house Legal Counsel, the candidate would be required to undertake the following responsibilities.
1. Review, draft and negotiate a broad range of contracts, MoUs, settlement agreement etc.
2. Help develop, and understand, risk mitigation strategies for contractual risks which may arise during project implementation phase.
3. Handle legal issues pertaining to logistics, import and export issues as per Pakistan custom laws & policy.
4. Handle legal issues pertaining to tax matters including income tax and sales tax.
5. Represent companys interests and liaise directly with clients and negotiating teams.
6. Counsel, advise, and guide the company of accurate interpretation of contract documents, statutes and other relevant laws.
7. Effectively manage and ensure external lawyers support during litigation before the Courts.
8. Keep the company updated about the level of compliance with the local laws.
9. Develop internal guidelines, tool kits and manuals on various legal, business and compliance related issues.