Title: Preschool teachers
Description: Preschool teachers are essential segment of our society playing a pivotal role in building a nation through education. They teach usually ages 3 to 5 and assist them in reading, writing, science, and other subjects in a way that young children can understand.
Qualification: Although any Bachelor or higher degree is acceptable, national curriculum relevance is expected. A science or technology background can be advantageous, as can extra skills such as music, art, and early childhood education.
- Minimum one year teaching experience in a well reputed primary school.
- Fluency in English language and excellent oral and written communication
- Prepare children for school by introducing concepts they will explore further in kindergarten and elementary school
- Work with children in groups or one on one, depending on the needs of children and the subject matter
- Plan and carry out a curriculum that targets different areas of child development, such as language, motor, and social skills
- Organize activities so children can learn about the world, explore interests, and develop talents
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Based on the identified emotional or developmental issues, prepare a counselling plan with the consent of parents and academic experts.
- Keep records of the students’ progress, routines, and interests, and keep parents informed about their child’s development
Other key requirements
- Preschool teachers need good communication skills (written and verbal) to tell parents and colleagues about students’ progress as well as communicate well with small children.
- Preschool teachers must understand children’s emotional needs and be able to develop good relationships with parents, children, and colleagues.
- Preschool teachers should be able to respond calmly to overwhelming challenging situations.
Applicants are required to explain how they satisfy above mentioned job requirements in their application.