Based at the provincial level, this staff member has overall responsibility for all monitoring and evaluation activities in IRC in close coordination with the District and Program Coordinators. The M&E Coordinator ensures programs are planned and implemented using internal and international M&E standards, systems and procedures, with a particular focus on building capacity, designing systems and formats, and ensuring the appropriate dissemination of information. The M&E Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director.
1. In collaboration with the M&E Officers, Program Managers and other IRC teams, design, develop and supervise implementation of appropriate formats, tools and systems for monitoring and evaluating programs, assuring quality and accountability, and managing data according to internal and international standards.
2. Plan, supervise and report on appropriate and high quality participatory monitoring and verification of program activities implemented by IRC and partners in collaboration with program teams and the M&E unit, according to recognized standards, systems and procedures.
3. Provide technical support and oversight to program management teams to ensure the proper development and use of planning, implementation and management tools and systems, including (but not limited to) work plans, performance monitoring plans, input/output/outcome/progress tracking, and beneficiary tracking.
4. Design, facilitate and supervise assessments, surveys and evaluations as required by program management, and analyze, produce reports and disseminate findings for project management, learning and development.
5. Build the capacity of IRC staff to undertake all aspects of participatory monitoring and evaluation, accountability activities and data management through the sharing of information and provision of formal and informal training, based on a collaborative assessment of needs and skills.
6. Ensure good quality, evidence-based project design through supporting program learning, facilitating the design of appropriate result frameworks and other proposal documentation, and assist with data and information collection as required.
7. Facilitate the collection and dissemination of high quality information for internal reports, program management, communications and other IRC departments, including case studies and donor report information. When required, directly contribute to donor documentation.
8. Supervise the M&E Officers according to IRC standards and procedures, including performance management.
9. Carry out other such tasks as assigned by supervisor.