The administrative assistant's job is to provide general clerical and office support to managers and program staff as assigned.
1. Assist with reception duties, including operating the telephone switchboard, as assigned.
2. Provide clerical support to program and managerial staff, including but not limited to: word processing, setting up and entering data onto spreadsheets and databases, preparing materials for reports, proposals and presentations, preparing administrative tools, including calendars, schedules, and timetables.
3. Maintain program, administrative and correspondence files, as assigned, and in keeping with IRC guidelines.
4. Operate fax machines and other communications equipment, as requested. Sort, copy and distribute faxes, emails and other internal correspondence, as assigned.
5. Maintain stationary stocks and distribute stationary supplies, in keeping with IRC policies and procedures, as assigned. Document the distribution and usage of stationary supplies.
6. Photocopy, collate, sort and distribute documents, as requested. Help to insure that photocopy machines are maintained and used properly.
7. Run errands, as directed.
8. Participate in professional training and development activities, as needed or requested.
9. Perform other duties, as needed or requested.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks
· Ability to keep clear and concise records.
· Good written and spoken English.
· Effective communication and negotiation skills.
· Sound knowledge of MS-Office package.
· Willingness to travel to project sites.
Local candidates preferred