The Capacity Building officer, under the supervision of Senior Protection officer is primarily responsible for IDP protection in targeted Areas. They will work in close collaboration of UN agencies, govt. authorities and relevant stakeholders to make sure that affected population rights are fully protected under national and international laws
Capacity building of Community Leaders
- With support from Protection Sr. Officer and other relevant IRC staff, as needed, develop training modules for all stakeholder and staff trainings to be conducted as part of the Project
- With support from the IRC Information Officer, Senior Protection Officers and other senior staff as necessary, train the protection and security committees on basic protection principles; the IDP Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement, differences between IDPs and refugees; particular threats for vulnerable groups; and protection strategies for vulnerable groups; information dissemination; and identification of incidents and protection concerns and the referral mechanism
- Provide capacity building trainings for the Shura members, camp management authorities, local government authorities and local NGOs on protection principles, the international legal framework, the IDP Guiding Principles, vulnerability, and the identification and referral of incidents and protection concerns.
- Prepare detailed reports for all trainings conducted
- Support the IRC Information Officer to develop key messaging on the areas on which awareness-raising will be conducted
- Train the SCs and the Protection Officers on the key messaging in respect of all topics on which awareness-raising will be conducted
- Conduct spot checks in relation to awareness-raising sessions held by Protection Officers to check the accuracy of their content and conduct further training on key messaging as necessary.
- Sports and Cultural Activities for men (Male Capacity Building Officer only)
- Regularly visit the two Mens Community Centers (MCCs) in Phase 3 and Phase 5, and in collaboration with the IDP community, organize and conduct cultural and sports activities for men (on the occasion of various International Days when applicable).
Cultural Activities for women (Female Capacity Building Officer only)
Support Womens Community Center Facilitators to organize and conduct cultural and sports activities to celebrate International Days in collaboration with IDPsSkills:
- Excellent English and good knowledge of Local language is essential;
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge of national law and/or human rights principles
- Computer skills including MS- Office
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem solving abilities;
- Willingness to travel within Pakistan;
- A commitment to protecting human rights
Work experience with UN agencies, International NGO or Institution.