Under the supervision of the District Manager, the CFW officer primary responsibility will be to support and assist IRC flood response in the CFW activities of the project.
1. In consultation with the Community Mobilization Officers, identify and justify small-scale infrastructure projects and other rehabilitation projects (e.g. land leveling, repair of water courses) in targeted villages
2. Support team in raising Purchase Requests according to approved Bill of Quantities
3. To prepare BOQ and cost estimates of the identified project
4. Supervise construction work for the ongoing community infrastructure projects
5. Ensure the quality of construction
6. To provide technical assistance to the community for infrastructure projects
7. Verify labor attendance/rota sheets for Cash for Work
8. Ensure quality of material at sites
9. Work closely with Team leader and logistic team to ensure all supply request related to the project activity are done timely and according to procedures
10. Directly manage Cash for Work project in designated Union Council to improve income at households level
11. Directly manage the staff working on Cash for Work Community Projects, guiding and supporting them in technical and administratively on activity implementation.
12. Support, train, advice the Cash for Work facilitators whose roles are to mobilize and help in a day-to-day implementation of Cash for Work activities at a given location.
13. Guide and train beneficiaries directly and through facilitators on proper utilization and management of income to improve their livelihood.
14. Documents clearly on a timely manner all Progress, Challenges and Learning for future implementation of similar project and accountability.
15. Provide technical support in the implementation of other program activity work for capacity building to partners(if any), district, Tehsil and UC extension staff and the promotion of people's representation, taking into consideration social (gender in particular) and institutional issues.
16. Taking responsibility to support team members in implementing program activity
-Ability to work as part of the team, strong analytical and conceptual skills, strong commitment to social justice, promoting gender awareness and equality
-Good communicator in English, Urdu and Sindhi (added value) written and oral as well as a good listener.
-Knowledge of SPHERE standards preferred
-Ability to work without close supervision
-Good Command on engineering plans, design, layout and use of Auto Cad.
Previous experience in CFW would be a plus.