Pakistan is currently experiencing one of the largest floods in its history with 20 million people affected. IRC and 5 other agencies (Care, ACF, ACTED, Oxfam, Save the Children) are initiating a joint emergency food security and livelihoods program, under the proposed Pakistan Emergency Food Security Alliance (PEFSA-III) funded by ECHO. The PEFSA III is envisioned to be an innovative and ground breaking program that will build on learning from Cash Learning Partnership, a growing number of successful experiments with the emergency markets mapping and analysis (EMMA) methodology, and other best practices within the field of emergency food security and livelihoods to ensure the food security and livelihoods early recovery aims of targeted communities through market based and other mechanisms. The IRC will focus its interventions in Mirpur Khas and Umerkot districts in Sindh. Under the supervision of the District Manager, the Cash transfer officer primary responsibility will be to support and assist IRC livelihoods Pakistan flood response in the CFW activities.
1. Issue receipts, refunds, credits
2. Count Money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
3. Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
4. Issue trading stamps, and redeem food stamps and coupons.
5. Resolve customer complaints
6. Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
7. Cash checks for customers
8. Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
9. Compute and record totals of transactions
10. Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
11. Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
12. Request information or assistance using paging systems
13. Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
14. Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
--Ability to work as part of the team
Strong analytical and conceptual skills
--Strong commitment to social justice, promoting gender awareness and equality
--Good communicator in English, Urdu and Sindhi will add value - written and oral as well as a good listener.
--Good community participation skills - PRA and other methodologiesAbility and willingness to travel away from home and stay in the field