The Community Mobilization Officer, under the supervision of Senior Community Mobilization Officer, is primarily responsible for IDP protection in targeted Areas. They will work in close collaboration of UN agencies, govt. authorities and relevant stakeholders to make sure that affected population rights are fully protected under national and international laws.
General Identification and community mobilization
- Monitor and collect information the living generalized condition in all eight phases of Jalozai camp, daily and make regular contact with the beneficiary community to identify concerns, including gaps in service provision e.g : lacking of water, tent provision, tent numbering, food, health and NFIs
- As part of identification and facilitation conduct daily spot observations, focus group discussions (FGDs) with key informants, individual/household interviews with informants, SCs and IDP populations (e.g. Registered IDPs without Tents, Damaged Tents, Newly married couples, etc.) to identify IDP general needs and gaps in service provision, with a particular focus on vulnerable groups, especially women and girls.
- Systematically gather and update the data on Extremely Vulnerable Individuals (EVIs) to ensure facilitation through referrals and timely interventions.
- Collect baseline data on monthly basis on sectoral activities for analysis
- Provide support in data collection for various surveys as requested by UNHCR (e.g. Return Intention Survey)
Referral and Case Management:
- Support Sectoral Committees (SCs) to use appropriate referral mechanism and provide them with relevant IRC referral tools and schedule of services provision
- Monitor SCs Sectroral committees referral records to ensure that EVIs are referred to appropriate services on a priority basis, that appropriate records are kept for all referral cases and that all referred cases are followed-up and updated accordingly. Ensure that newly displaced families access registration services in the camp by referring them to the IRC Registration Officers, and verify that family members are not separated
Information Dissemination/ Awareness Raising / Community Mobilization:
- To involve the SCs ,Shura and IDPs to mobilize them for identification of general concerns /Solution /referral to the concerned stakeholders.
- Involvement of SCs for dissemination of accurate and in time information required as per need.
- Mobilize the SCs during the Food and NFIs distribution /Participation in MCCs and WCCs for enrollment and enhancing capacities.
- Utilizing the MCCs and WCCs as focal points for mobilizing SCs,Shura and IDPs for identification of issues /Conducting FGDs/Awareness sessions .
- Conducting ,organizing of Cultural events and sports activities with the mobilization and participation of IDPs with support from the Senior Community Mobilization officer and capacity building officers.
- Using key messaging materials, such as brochures, Question and Answer (Q&A) sheets and posters produced by the IRC Information Officer, conduct awareness-raising sessions with IDPs on topics such as fire safety, health, hygiene, sanitation, nutrition, protection, security, the IDP Guiding Principles, registration and other issues as required (2 sessions per week in each Phase, with 25 participants in each session).
- During the awareness-raising sessions, field visits and in meetings with Service providers ,Awareness sessions , disseminate copies of the Guiding Principles of Internal Displacement translated into Urdu and Pashto as required.
- In coordination with Sr.Research/Information Officer collect data to monitor feedback of the radio shows
- Excellent English and good knowledge of Local language is essential
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge of national law and/or human rights principles
- Computer skills including MS- Office
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem solving abilities;
- Willingness to travel within Pakistan
- A commitment to protecting human rights.
PREFERENCE:1 Year of working experience with UN agencies, International NGO or Institution