The objective of the Community Mobilization is to ensure that awareness about the IRC FP and PAC project has been well disseminated and IRC is working in collaboration with community through their involvement in the project to achieve objectives having different Transparency committees formed for specific purposes.
- Formation of village committees , and ensure women participation in VCs
- Arranging capacity building trainings of LHWs on FP and PAC on awareness,mobilization and communication skills
- Assist in capacity building programs for VC members
- Facilitation of IRC staff in conducting Need Assessment /registration of Hose holds.
5. Assist in implementation of the project activities in the communities
6. Assist in distribution of FP supplies along with LHWs to the clients , maintain their record and handover to the team leader
7. Formation of male and female VCs in the beneficiary communities at UC level
8. Conduct Health & Hygiene sessions for target beneficiaries
9. Awareness raising in the beneficiaries in collaboration with VCs members through campaigns/ workshops/ seminars for creating feelings of ownership of reproductive health, FP and PAC
10. Assist in creating and enhancing social cohesion required for the sustainability of the project.
11. Development of linkages with local organizations, local governments and other INGOs and exploring ways for future partnership in the target areas.
12. Linkages of the VC members in the target union councils and local government,
13. Any other duty, assigned by the mobilization manager
- Ability to live and work in stressful and insecure environments.
- Good written and spoken English and local languages.
- Well-developed inter-personal skills combined with the ability and desire to further develop local staff members.
- Knowledge of issues relating to community involvement and empowerment highly desirable.
- Some experience in integrated public health program.
- Knowledge and/or experience in conflict management, protection, or other related field
Working experience with International NGOs or similar set-up.