The objective of the Community Mobilization is to ensure that awareness about the IRC Education program has been well disseminated and IRC is working in collaboration with community through their involvement in the project to achieve objectives having different Transparency committees formed for specific purposes.
- Formation of Parent Teacher Councils(PTCs) , and ensure women participation in PTCs
- Arranging work shop, trainings and awareness sessions to ensure maximum participation of communities
- Assist the training officer in capacity building programs for PTCs members
- Facilitation of IRC staff in conducting Need Assessment /registration of Hose holds.
5. Assist in implementation of the project activities in the communities
6. Assist in distribution process of different students and schools supplies, maintain their record and handover to the Sr. Field officer/ Mobilization Manager
7. Conduct education awareness sessions for target beneficiaries
8. Awareness raising in the beneficiaries in collaboration with PTCs members through campaigns/ trainings/ community broad base meeting
9. Assist in creating and enhancing social cohesion required for the sustainability of the project.
10. Development of linkages withlocal organizations, local governments and other INGOs and exploring waysfor future partnership in the target areas.
11. Linkages of the PTC members in the target union councils and local government,
12. Any other duty, assigned by the mobilization manager/Sr. Field Officer and Sr. Education Manager
- Ability to live and work in stressful and insecure environments.
- Good written and spoken English and local language (Pashto).
- Well-developed inter-personal skills combined with the ability and desire to further develop local staff members.
- Knowledge of issues relating to community involvement and empowerment highly desirable.
- Some experience in integrated Formal and Non-formal education
- Knowledge and/or experience in conflict management, child rights, or other related field
Working experience with International NGOs or similar set-up.