The Database Assistant, along with other organization staff, will implement the IDP Vulnerability Assessment and Profiling project (IVAP) Phase III. The goal of the IVAP project is to better understand the vulnerabilities and needs of each family of conflict IDPs. The information gathered will be used as a tool to enable the effective and principled targeting of IDPs for assistance.
The assessment will be carried out in Peshawar, Nowshera, Kohat and DI Khan districts (with the possibility of some sample survey activities in other locations).
The position is Peshawar based and reports to the Database office.
- Complete a comprehensive training to ensure correct usage of the Personal Data Assistant (PDA), IRC rules and regulations, as well as the objectives and importance of the assessment
- Having protection knowledge, or worked with displaced communities
- Have good understanding about displacement issues and respect for IDPs
- Previous work on IVAP, McRAM or other large-scale assessment a plus
- Can understand and speak Pushto
- Can read English and verbally translate from English to Pushto
- Flexible and able to work/travel in the field on daily basis
- Respectful of local norms, culture and willing to follow these norms while in the field
- Travel after every 2 days for data collection from the IVAP field teams.
- Correctly enter all data of hard copy forms showing no partiality
- Follow the exact survey methodology given to you by the database officers.
- Conduct oneself with respect in all work with IRC, treating all persons (particularly IDPs and other team members) with dignity and professionalism
- Follow IRCs security protocol and IVAP standard operational procedures at all times
- Take direction and complete the tasks assigned to you by Database officers
- Upload collected household data to IVAP server.
- Any other task assigned by the Database Officer/ Manager Data Management.