Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor & conflict-affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
Under the supervision of Head of Office Sindh, the incumbent will be responsible for the oversight, planning and management of the DRR project interventions in Sindh. The DRR Specialist will also overall strategic direction and achievement of project objectives maintaining internal and external technical coordination and mentoring of the team for effective implementation of the project in Sindh.
Advocacy and Networking:
Master degree in Agriculture or Rural Development; Disaster Management
Minimum 5 years’ total experience and 2 year in DRR projects in similar capacity
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Good team player and coordination skills
· Strong knowledge of local living conditions and infrastructure
· Capacity for innovation and to promote new initiatives.
· Technical knowledge on designing and managing disaster risk reduction initiatives, Community Based Disaster Risk Management, participatory capacity vulnerability analysis projects.
· Working experience with NGOs or international development organization is preferable
· Proven experience in people and finances management
· Experience of networking with government and non-government organizations at local and provincial level
· Strong oral and written English, Urdu
· Work with INGOs
· Experience of working in Sindh
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More