With the guidance of the Finance Manager the Finance Assistant is responsible for day-to-day initial data processing while keeping in line with IRC policies, procedures and donor requirement. This position also requires close working relationship with programs, Admin, Human resource and Logistics Units.
1. Processing of petty cash transaction on daily basis. Ensure petty cash is replenished on time to meet daily cash needs. Implement internal control procedures, according to IRC policies and procedures.
2. Maintaining of cash book on daily basis and ensure that all ledgers are updated.
3. Assist Finance Manager in processing of bank transactions as required.
4. Review and check all transaction are in compliance with donor and IRC requirements.
5. Posting all data into transaction spreadsheet on daily basis for review by the Finance Manager. Ensure that all information in the spreadsheet is correct and complete.
6. Assist Finance Manager in checking of monthly payroll to ensure accuracy. Ensure timely disbursements.
7. Assist Finance Manager in performing timely and regular balance sheet accounts reconciliation.
8. Preparation and checking of cash and bank reconciliation statement of all accounts on monthly basis.
9. Supervise the maintenance of files in finance office.
10. Participate in professional development activities, as needed or requested.
11. Perform other duties, as necessary and/or as requested.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
B.Com and BBA
1 Year relevant experience
- Good command over MS Excel worksheets and other related Ms office software�s
- Good Communication & interpersonal skills