With the guidance of the Finance Officer is responsible for ensuring day to day accounting operations in accordance with IRC policies and procedures and donor requirements. Specific responsibilities are as follows.
1. Processing of petty cash transactions. Ensure that the petty cash fund is replenished on time and is under proper safety controls.
2. Preparation of Bank transactions and make sure that all ledgers are updated.
3. Review and check all transactions are in compliance with donor and IRC requirements.
4. Preparation of monthly balance sheet account reconciliation for all balance sheet accounts whenever required. Identify differences or discrepancies and follow up as appropriate, in keeping with IRC policies, procedures and standard practices and produce for review by FC.
5. Preparation of all bank account reconciliation statements on monthly basis.
Checking of monthly time sheets to ensure accuracy,identify problems, coordinate with field office staff for salary coding and make recommendations for improvement to HR through District Manager.Process national payroll in keeping with IRC policies, procedures and standard practices.
7. Processing of monthly income tax and EOBI on salaries. Make necessary adjustments to tax deductions by informing HR department whenever required.
8. Assist field office staff in preparing cash projections
9. Preparation of draft donor financial reports for review by AFC on regular basis.
10. Assist the AFC to plan and perform the audit of respective program and field offices
Ensure the current record is updated.
Participate in professional development activities,as needed or requested.
13. To manage and supervise staff according to standard IRC guidelines including performance management, job orientation, capacity building, support in recruitment process and grievance handling
14. Perform other duties, as necessary and/or as requested.
Ability to keep clear and concise records.
Record minutes, good written and spoken English.
Sound communication skills.
Sound knowledge of MS-Office package, willingness to travel to project sites.