Health Coordinator (HC) will provide leadership, strategic vision and technical support to all aspects of the health program in Pakistan. The HC will contribute to the identification of programmatic priorities, design and direction of the new program. In addition, the HC will ensure that the health program is implemented in accordance with international protocols, guidelines and best practices. He or she will promote the quality of care provided through the IRC health services.
Major Responsibilities: (Primary and fundamental responsibilities):
Strategic Program Development
- Lead on the implementation of the health outcomes and commitments of the country strategic action plan.
- Lead on creating the opportunities of raising IRC’s profile in Pakistan through geographic and thematic expansion of health program
- Provide technical and management leadership to all health programs in Pakistan in accordance with best practice and IRC policy.
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent health strategy across all health interventions in Pakistan.
- Identify unmet needs in the health sector in the selected area and identify potential means for the IRC to address those needs. Conduct needs assessments, as required.
- Coordinate and develop plans, proposals, and budgets for new projects and extensions of projects in conjunction with the Senior Country Management Team.
- Overall responsible for the effective and efficient management of project implementation consistent with the project management cycle, program objectives, activities and indicators.
- Ensure that health programs utilize standardized protocols, policies and guidelines, as prescribed by the Ministry of Health, leading agencies and WHO. Ensure that all health activities are consistent with established best practices.
- Ensure that health interventions adhere to donor agreements and IRC’s core policy documents and guidelines, including the Program Framework, IRC’s Design, Management & Evaluation guide and log-frame, IRC’s Health Unit policies and guidelines.
- Ensure robust monitoring systems are in place and that reviews are undertaken periodically in conjunction with the team, partners and relevant local stakeholders.
- Ensure regular communication with Health Unit technical staff for feedback, updates and guidance as required.
- Ensure TNA and prepare capacity building programs for technical staff and volunteer committees.
- Prepare and follow MOUs and Technical Services Agreements with government and non-government counterparts.
Staff Supervision & Development
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Overall responsible for program organizational chart, staff work-plans, work and vacation schedules, and staff training/development activities.
Grant Planning & Implementation
- Responsible for the overall achievement of all health grants in Pakistan.
- Responsible for ensuring the achievement of the overall grant timeline and completion date.
- Provides direction and monitors staff in their implementation of the work-plan and quality of technical activities.
Supply Chain, Finance, HR and Security
- Responsible for budget development, management and compliance.
· Review implementation and spending plans on monthly basis and make adjustments where required.
· Monitor program expenditures, purchases and ensure that it is in line with the program budget.
· In coordination with Finance, ensure that all policies and procedures are in compliance with IRC & donor policies, procedures and requirements
· Work with Supply Chain on timely procurement of medical supplies and equipment
· If/as required identify staff performance issues and work with Human Resources to document and address these in accordance with the National Staff Employment Policies
· Responsible for health program HR including recruiting, PMS, staff capacity building and feedback. Responsible to ensure health staff adherence to IRC rules and regulations, HR policies.
· Analyze staffing need, prepare JD, and recruitment of sector staff in collaboration with HR.
· Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs
· Ensure good working relationship among health, operations, finance, admin and other sector teams
Grant Monitoring & Reporting
- Development/ maintenance of effective and efficient oversight,
- Support, quality control and reporting systems and processes.
- Ensure regular field monitoring and modifications as required.
- Ensure IRC and donor reports as per set schedules (monthly, quarterly and annually) on grant activities, indicators and achievements are produced in quality.
Coordination & Representation
- Develops and maintains effective coordination and long-term relationships with external stakeholders in the health sector, representing IRC positions, promoting the program strategy and resolving problems/conflicts.
- Work closely and coordinates with IRC Supply Chain, finance and grant staff to ensure timely and complete program activities and expenditures; including active participation in grant opening/closing and review meetings
- All IRC staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- Education: Health professional –MD/ MBBS, MPH (preferred)
- Work Experience: Strong Public health background with minimum 8 years’ experience in health program management with INGO, UN. Prior experience of, PHC, RH and emergencies. Experience in proposals, concept notes and report writing.
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: Strong program/technical and budget management skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills. Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties. Sound knowledge of Project cycle management. Ability to work under pressure and difficult working condition.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English is must and knowledge of the local language is preferred.