Hygiene Officer will be primarily responsible for community mobilization, formation of WMC/VO etc & delivering hygiene promotion sessions to target populations in project areas.
1. Conduct health and hygiene sessions in communities to ensure that target population are mobilized and adequately informed regarding health and hygiene issues related to water supply, sanitation and solid waste disposal.
2. Conduct training of selected community activists on health and hygiene promotion to enable them to conduct onward sessions to target communities.
3.Conduct assessment of beneficiaries, WASH schemes identification, Sign TORs with committees, line departments
4. Supervise and facilitate trained community activists in health and hygiene promotion sessions.
5. Develop health and hygiene training materials and modules.
6. Coordinate with technical staff responsible for construction of water & sanitation structures in the target areas to include hygiene aspect in design and site selection of construction activities.
7. Reporting of field activities to Hygiene Promotion Manager
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills: Excellent communication skills and fluency in local languages.
Computer literacy in MS Word, MS Excel.
NGO/ INGO experience.
Local of Target area.