The IVAP Surveyor, along with other organization staff, will assist in the household assessment of conflict IDPs. The goal of this assessment is to better understand the vulnerabilities and needs of each household. The information gathered will be used as a tool to enable the effective and principled targeting of IDPs for assistance.
The assessment will be carried out in Peshawar, Nowshera, Kohat and DI Khan districts (with the possibility of some sample survey activities in other locations).
The position is Peshawar based and will report to IVAP Supervisor.
- Complete a comprehensive training to ensure correct usage of the Personal Data Assistant (PDA), IRC rules and regulations, as well as the objectives and importance of the assessment
- Travel daily with your assessment team to pre-identified locations with high concentrations of IDPs
- Visit IDP families allocated door to door (ie. at their homes) with to conduct the IVAP household survey using a PDA
- Correctly enter all data required from each household showing no partiality
- Verify the completion of data collection at the end of each household interview
- Upload collected household data on weekly basis
- Conduct oneself with respect in all work with IRC,treating all persons (particularly IDPs and other team members) with dignity and professionalism
- Follow IRCs security protocol and IVAP standard operational procedures at all times
- Take direction and complete the tasks assigned to you by your IVAP Supervisor
- Having protection knowledge, or worked with displaced communities
- Have good understanding about displacement issues and respect for IDPs
- Previous work on IVAP, McRAM or other large-scale assessment a plus
- Can understand and speak Pushto
- Can read English and verbally translate from English to Pushto
- Flexible and able to work/travel in the field on a daily basis
- Respectful of local norms and culture, and willing to follow these norms while in the field
- Previous work with IRC/IVAP highly valued