The Monitoring Officer, along with other organization staff, will assist in the implementation of the IDP Vulnerability Assessment and Profiling project (IVAP) Phase III. The goal of this assessment is to better understand the vulnerabilities and needs of each household of conflict IDPs. The information gathered will be used as a tool to enable the effective and principled targeting of IDPs for assistance.
The assessment will be carried out in Peshawar, Nowshera, Kohat and DI Khan districts (with the possibility of some sample survey activities in other locations).
The Monitoring Officer will be responsible to monitor field activity, ensuring surveys are being conducted in a quality manner. The position will be Peshawar based and report to the Manager Quality & Usage.
- Complete a comprehensive training to ensure full comprehension of IRC rules and regulations, security protocols and IVAP methodology and Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist the Manager Quality& Usage in measuring progress towards achieving planned results
- In coordination with Manager Quality & Usage, ensure weekly, unannounced monitoring visits of survey teams filling proper monitoring forms
- In coordination with Manager Quality & Usage, ensure re-verification visits of survey area and filling proper re-verification forms
- Double check proper surveying methodology and questioning procedures against the IVAP SOPs inthe field
- Report any and all violations of the IVAP SOPs for data collection and team management to the Manager Quality & Usage.
- Produce monitoring reports daily and at the end of week submit it with recommendation to Manager Quality & Usage
- Identify areas of field team work which could require strengthening and work with Manager Quality & Usage and Senior Team Leader Data Collection to develop strategies and refresher trainings accordingly.
- Ensure proper use of IVAP vehicles, maintenance of logs sheets for finance and audit purposes and recommend modifications as needed
Carry out any other tasks, as directed by Manager Quality & Usage.
- Reliable, responsible and objective oriented
- Excellent communication, negotiation and inter personnel skills
- Ability to work in team setting, taking initiatives and performing multiple tasks
- Ability of work under pressure
Previous work with IRC/IVAP highly valued