The Security Officer assists the Security Manager Sindh to implement IRC Security Protocols aimed at minimizing potential risks to Staff safety and security. He will continuously assess the security environment and devise risk reduction measures as needed in coordination with Security Manager.
1. Monitor implementation of safety and security protocols by district office staff and promptly assist/inform the Security Manager of any non compliance and/or issues.
2. Undertake regular site assessments of IRC properties and implementation areas, communications equipment and options, vehicle and personnel tracking; report on findings and implement necessary improvements under the guidance of the Security Manager.
3. Under the supervision of Security Manager, ensure an ongoing process of review and revision of security plans.
4. Maintain regular contact with other agencies, security focal points, including NGOs, UN and local authorities concerned with security in Sindh especially program implementation areas.
5. Provide direct support and advice on response to safety and security incidents (under the guidance of Security Manager).
6. Provide weekly security assessment and share with Security Manager.
7. Act on concrete recommendations made by the Security Manager to further enhance security.
8. Assist with orientation for all new district office staff, provide regular briefings, and update training for existing staff on safety and security.
9. Maintain an updated contact list and security notification tree for all district office staff.
10. Regular visits to field sites to assess security.
11. Maintain confidentiality, impartiality and neutrality.
12. Perform any other task as assigned.
--Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Power point, Internet and other database/mapping systems.
--Willingness to travel extensively.
--Strong Interpersonal skills.
--Fluent in English, Urdu and can communicate in Sindhi.
- Working experience with an International NGO or Institution