The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the worlds worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor & conflict-affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
- Senior HR officer will be the focal point for HR in the province, and shall work in close coordination with the HR Coordinator on HR related administrative and strategic matters. S/he will assist in implementation of Global HR initiatives and practices and will support the HR Coordinator in maximizing staffing resources and performance, promote a positive organizational culture, minimize risk and ensure economy and efficiency of work processes.
- Act as HR focal person for provincial staff in Sindh, respond to staff queries, and facilitate staff in HR related matters.
- Assist the HR Manager in managing recruitment cycle for the provincial office in Sindh while ensuring a fair and transparent process and in line with the IRC global HR policies and procedures.
- Arranging for and providing orientation to newly joined employees, this includes but not limited to scheduling inductions, inducting new employees into IRC ways, culture, HR and administrative policies and procedures.
- Assist the HR Manager in administration of benefits and compensation.
- Assist HR Manager in administering Performance Management System to ensure that the system is implemented in its true spirit.
- Promote and uphold THE IRC WAY (codes of conduct). Ensure that all newly recruited staff understand these codes and sign the acknowledgement for record.
- Assist in processing monthly payroll this includes, processing monthly salaries, liaising with the tax consultant, add and delete employees on regular basis.
- Maintain staff database in excel.
- Maintain leave record in excel and hard form, and share leave balances with staff on regular basis.
- Maintain staff personnel files in a confidential manner, and ensure that all personnel files are complete.
- Ensure all staff access to the IRC learning portal and courses are availed online.
- Coordinate on staff health/life insurances with the insurance companies as well as staff members in resolving their day to day issues.
- Manage staff health and life insurance such as liaising with insurance companies, processing staff medical claims etc.
- Maintain and regularly update HRIS.
- Register employees with EOBI, and ensuring monthly contribution.
- Foster and facilitate the development of cooperative professional relations between and among staff at all levels
- Process leaving staff clearances to HR Manager in the Country Office in timely manner.