Islamic Help (IH) is a UK registered charity and international NGO established in 2003 by a group of young people determined to make a difference to the lives of those afflicted by poverty and suffering. A truly grassroots initiative a spate of international disasters provided the impetus for the group to launch into the work. Whilst barriers to participation were difficult to overcome for so small a group the determination of the group was such that only a little while after launching the charity was able to play a significant role in the delivery of aid and assistance after major crises like the Pacific Ocean Tsunami, the Bam Earthquake and the Pakistan Earthquake.
Purpose of the Position
The Project Coordinator is expected to manage the overall project i.e. to coordinate all the iSAVE project activities to be implemented in south Punjab through communities. He/she is also expected to design and implement any new projects related to violence against women for further resource mobilization. Major responsibilities
- Manage the overall iSAVE project and technical back stopping to the field team in project area;
- Prepare detail project implementation plan and facilitate in its execution accordingly;
- Provide technical support to field staff, guide them for the smooth execution of the project activities within timelines and resources;
- Maintain working relationship with concerned local, district and provincial governmental line agencies and NGOs during implementation of project activities;
- Facilitate field team during project activities by liaising with religious leaders, individuals and groups to identify, prioritize and implement project needs;
- Develop and implement monitoring mechanisms for project implementation and reporting with local authorities, line departments, UN Agencies and NGOs working in the area to maintain quality of project activities;
- Supervise project in coordination with local government and NGOs personnel and in collaboration with field staff and provide regular reporting regarding the status of projects;
- Assist in the tracking of financial expenditure of project in the area of responsibility;
- Monitor and ensure the quality of project deliverables in addition to timeframe and resources;
- Maintain records in accordance with program standards;
- Take certain steps to ensure timely completion of project with integrated project change mechanism;
- Prepare reports regarding the progress of project including financial reports according to prescribed reporting cycle and tools;
Responsible For: Field Officer
Reporting line : National Programme Coordinator
Education and Qualification
- Master in Project Management/Social Sciences/Management sciences or equivalent
- At least 5-8 years work experience in similar role.
- Capacity building and training skills
- Must be computer literate with a good knowledge of MS- Word, Excel and Power Point
- Good communication & team building skills.
Special Skills, Aptitude or Personality Requirements:
- Active team player and good leader ship skills
- Flexible and adaptable. Willing to travel to remote field areas with basic living conditions.
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skill
- Ability to work independently and problem solving oriented.
- The employee will not involve in any political activity of the area or activates which can create tension/ friction between employees and or community members or can earn bad name for the organization.
- The employee will exhibit excellent standard of moral conduct and behavior
- Gender sensitizes and able to work in the area according to local norms and cultures
- Must have good prioritization skills, with effective decision making abilities, to cope in a dynamic environment and to operate on multiple fronts simultaneously. Islamic Help as a humanitarian organization responds to emergencies which may affect routine work.
- Knowledge of development issues & concepts
- Experience of working in an insecure environment.