We are an up and coming web start-up, poised to take 2012 and beyond by storm. This job posting is for a full-time remote worker, which means that you get to work from the comfort of your home, communicating with colleagues in 3 different countries.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone to drive our development and to help take our application to the next level. We need an excellent PHP developer to join our small team remotely and help shape the future of an exciting, fast growing and dynamic application.
The successful person will probably have:
- Exceptional knowledge of object orientated PHP and MVC frameworks (prior work experience in Yii/Code Igniter/ Symphony would be a big plus)
- Good knowledge of MySQL
- Expertise in HTML and CSS
- Experience of working with the Facebook/Twitter APIs
- Experience in developing APIs for use with mobile applications
- Should be able to communicate well in English
But most importantly, we're looking for the right person. We don't care too much about specific experience, we want someone awesome who is looking for a challenge and who wants to be part of something special (at least we think it is).
The lucky person will:
- Be imaginative, creative and will have a knack for problem solving
- Be able to think holistically and long term about their code, taking into account future development of the application and scalability etc
- Have a strong work ethic and should be able to work from home effectively
- Be self-motivated, communicative and eager to learn new concepts
- Be passionate about social media and web technologies
- Have a desire to be a part of something new, exciting and innovative.