A lady having medical background/knowledge, who can motivate and counsel the clients for IUCD insertion immediate after child birth to give space between two pregnancies.
- Meet regularly with SBAs, nursing staff, recovery room and ward staff for ALL client registration within the last 24 hours who attended the Ante Natal Clinic, Labor Room, and Operation Theatre.
- Counsel clients and motivate them to accept PPFP/PPIUCD as an immediate FP method. Register clients who received or requested family planning method, and any complications reported.
- Train designated staff in counseling.
- Maintain accurate track of new and returning clients.
- Work in close collaboration with the Skilled Birth Attendants (SBAs) and other departmental staff at service sites to ensure timely registration of each client attending the antenatal clinic, labor room, operation theatre, recovery room and ward.
- Collect data from project sites to determine the number of deliveries taking place in each project site during the intervention period.
- Ensure overall maintenance of records at the facility.
- Facilitate Program Officer, Trainers and M&E Officer in project activities including workshop/training planning; logistics travel arrangements, etc., to ensure smooth implementation of the project at facility levels.
- Support Program Officer in developing monthly and quarterly summary reports.
- She will support successful data generation and registration records at the end of each month and will be responsible for all data entry and records.
- To motivate the client for family planning.
- To provide counselling on PPIUCD.
- To keep record and report counseled clients.
- Responsible for making it possible that every counselled client be provided with PPFP/PPIUCD service.
- Responsible for record keeping of service provided clients.
- To follow up with clients accordingly.
- Respect strict hygiene rules and supervise other staff and beneficiaries regarding hand washing and proper infection control methods.
- Report direct supervisor if recommended protocols and guidelines are not respected.
Qualification And Skills Required:
- A Midwife or Nurse Midwife having experience in related clinical record maintenance; Good knowledge of data collection.
- Technical knowledge and field experience in health programs, particularly Nursing/ Midwifery, with a focus on Essential Obstetric Care, Integrated management of Neonatal and Childhood Illnesses (IMNCI), and Family Planning.
- Familiarity with the government health system.
- Must have minimum intermediate certificate.
- Strong coordination skills and ability to develop positive professional relationships with government staff.
- Capability of generating clients
- Able to develop good team spirit.
- Can manage to work under pressure.
Note: Only Short listed Candidate will be consider for the interview. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.