Jhpiego is implementing multiple projects focusing on MNH and FP/RH services in Punjab & KPK. Therefore Jhpiego seeks a Monitoring & Evaluation Manager to look after the M&E needs of these projects. The position is described below and is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Develop and maintain database of indicators.
- Track performance according to log frame indicators.
- Coordinate with department of health to obtain data and to conduct reviews of data quality.
- Measure outputs against indicators, identify gaps and suggest improvements.
- Monitor project activities, analyze and write up lessons learnt for dissemination.
- Train M& E staff in interpreting and using data for decision-making.
- Train staff in improving data quality.
- Track performance of Jhpiego grantees.
- Design, implement and analyze qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Contract out and monitor research studies to be implemented by external research agencies.
- Participate in M&E planning and budgeting.
- Supervise and support M&E Officer to conduct activities, meet reporting deadlines, and create technical reports in a timely fashion. Review and oversee quality of product.
- Take responsibility for meeting crucial deadlines such as Annual Progress Report (APR) / Project End reports, timely reporting to the HQ and other donor reports
Skills and Experience Required:
- University degree in public health, sociology, demography, statistics, or other social science; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5 – 10 years of work experience supporting technical or programmatic activities in MNCH areas (experience with health facility setting a plus);
- At least 3 years of experience in data collection, processing, and analysis, database development. Experience with multiple donor funded projects is an advantage.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of health projects and ability to write up high quality project/donor reports.
- Experience implementing qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience in contracting research and monitoring quality of data collection
- Experience with training of M&E and non-M&E staff on improving data quality
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of different data analyses software, such as SPSS and ETHNOGRAPH.
- Report writing and publication skills
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English
- Excellent peoples and partnership skills
- Availability and willingness to travel up to 30% time
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be consider for an interview. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.