To develop projects to be funded by both Institutional within and out of Pakistan including local donors focusing on vulnerable categories of children
To oversee implementation of all Child Welfare projects including general Strategic development of Child Welfare Department
To oversee the management and implementation of the present Orphans Sponsorship (OTO) and ensure quality services is delivered to the sponsored children and their familiesC. Specific Roles:
1. Ensure the reports meet Field Reporting Procedures and IRW Quality Standards
2. Ensure reports are received within specific deadlines laid down by IRW and IR Country Office in Pakistan
3. Restructure Orphans and Child Welfare Department and ensure staffs are clear on their roles and responsibilities besides ensuring that systems are in place to evaluate staff performance.
4. Develop and present concept papers and proposals regarding various areas of Child Focused interventions in close co-ordination with the Head of Programmes.
5. Co-ordinate with Government of Pakistan Child Welfare Department at National, Provincial and district levels, UN Agencies, Local and International NGOs and other official agencies for focused implementation of programs that benefit children holistically.
6. Initiate projects once IRW, IR and donors have given approval.
7. Be responsible for providing direction and management to related field staff, including the development of their job descriptions and work plans.
8. Supervise and prepare weekly and monthly progress reports on specific project activities.
9. Be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of assigned projects.
10. Support linkages with other Sector Coordinators, Program Area Managers and other staff within IR to ensure that projects are designed and implemented in a manner that benefits children with special focus to vulnerable children and/or with special needs
11. Ensure Child Protection Policy is adhered to and implemented
12. Ensure all Orphan Policies and Procedures are followed in all aspects
13. Develop annual operation plans for programme sectors and monitor compliance to the same.
14. Develop, finalize, and monitor the programme budget, including undertaking corrective actions to maintain expenses within the approved budget.
15. Submit donor and HQ narrative/progress reports as required.
16. Managing all persons directly reporting to the Head of Programmes and resolving differences, if any.
17. Executing all responsibilities towards human resource development of the programmes staff such as supervision meetings, annual reviews, identification of training needs and career planning guidance.
18. Assist the head of program and Country Director in all matters related to delivery of IR assistance and bring to CD attention any administrative constraints arising from rapidly evolving situations in the field19. Liaise with Regional offices, sub-offices, and field units and undertake visits to view project outputs and beneficiaries, inspect offices, places and points where IR assistance is received, in order to ensure that progress is made in the achievement of project objectives.