1. System administration of production Asterisk PBX servers located globally.
2. Perform security audits of all production Asterisk servers, perform updates/fix and submit this report to QE group.
3. Work very closely with NOC network security team to ensure QoS implementation, redundancy of voice paths and to ensure that our voice is going to best possible shortest paths.
4. Review performance/resource utilization graphs for all production Asterisk PBX systems and provide recommendations to management for doing capacity planning.
5. Perform monitoring of IT infrastructure which includes production servers, network devices, network paths, connectivity Storage, voice quality/paths and take appropriate notification, troubleshooting and follow-ups until issue is fixed.
6. Develop system utilization reporting system.
7. Review bandwidth and resource utilization and make recommendations on best voice codec combination selection.
8. Integration with customer services voice systems.
9. Creation of extensions, queues, voice mailboxes, IAX and SIP trunks for normal operations.
10. Perform continuous research work on latest technologies for improving our voice infrastructure and self skills.
11. Attend/conduct internal and external trainings.
12. Take backups of key systems files.
13. Ensure that all voice components that we have in our infrastructure must have redundancy within data center and across the data center, let management know if there is any system with redundancy within or across data center.
14. Improve scripting and automation skills.
15. Get latest certifications from RedHat, Sun, CentOS etc.
16. Make understanding with Cisco Call Manager, Call manager Express, Cisco VoIP Experience
17. Implementation of OpenSER to enable redundancy/load balancing each site.
18. Upgrade firmware on all Cisco phones in our infrastructure.
19. Technical evaluation and coordination with Wateen for implementation of VoIP in Lahore/Karachi/Islamabad and its integration of i2c voice infrastructure.
20. Regular fail over rehearsals of Verizon SIP services in RWS, Fremont and NYC sites.
21. Administration and fail over implementations of our existing CDR, voice mail, web conferencing and their SSO systems.
22. Implementation of voice fail over using SRV records