* Develops and tests machinery and equipment, applying knowledge of mechanical engineering technology, under direction of engineering and scientific staff.
* Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products such as teaching or research equipment.
* Sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors or to obtain data for development, standardization and quality control.
* Able to fabricate equipment made from Plastic and Plexi-Glass for both research & teaching.
* Ability to work on Lathe Machines, Grinding Machines and Metal Cutting Machines (Do-All).
* Ability to use the Internet for searching which is best to buy and where from.
* Ability to create & develop Communication skills with the University Maintenance Workshops.
* Basic knowledge of Electricity & Electrical machines is essential.Desired Candidate Profile* BS in Mechanical and/or Electromechanical Engineering with relative hands on experience.
* Reasonable command of English & Computer literacy is a must.
* Preference will be given to those with Hands on experience.