PROJECT AND PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES
1. Attendance and involvement at work:
- Observe the MSF charter.
� Perform all activity in line with the MSF protocols and procedures.
- Respect the time schedule and be at work on time (flexible at anytime).
- Treat the patient with care and respect providing good quality care.
- Respect the patient privacy and strictly respect community culture, norms.
- Maintain good relationship with other team members.
- Adhere to MSF Clinical Guidelines and protocols.
- Inform direct supervisor in event of medical error.
2. Implementation of programmes
Providing technical expertise in the domains of gynecology and obstetrics:
- Participating in the rounds carried out in the different hospital units: maternity department and IPD.
- Carrying out certain consultations and practicing delicate technical acts if necessary.
- Discussing particular cases with the health care team (decision to carry out a caesarean, specific treatments, etc.).
- Checking that medical protocols and prescriptions are followed by the health care personnel in accordance with MSF guidelines.
- Checking that the hygiene procedures are followed in order to limit infection risks.
- Ensuring registers and health files are filled in correctly.
- In collaboration with midwife ensuring the quality of obstetrical care in Maternity department.
- In collaboration with BHUs Activity Manager ensuring the quality of Antenatal and Postnatal Care and Family Planning.
In Operation Theatre:
- Carrying out elective and emergency surgical interventions in accordance with MSF protocols.
- Carrying out the patients' pre-operative consultations before they undergo surgery.
- Evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the anesthesiologist.
- Monitoring the rational use of surgical material during interventions.
- Monitoring the application of hygiene protocols in theater (decontamination, sterilization, etc.).
- Checking that the register for the operating theater is kept updated.
Post operative care
- Carrying out joint rounds in the IPD in collaboration with the anesthetist.
- Guaranteeing the application of MSF protocols (ATB, dressing protocols, etc.) and the rational use of medicines.
- Participating in on-going personnel training (care techniques, updating protocols, etc.)
- Participating to the weekly training session proposing and presenting topics.
- Participating in medical meetings, weekly and when necessary.
- Participating in data collection and drawing up monthly report.