Pakistan, Hangu, Peshawar and Kurram Agency (Sadda & Alazai)
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINES
He/she (hereafter referred to as he) answers to: Head Nurse.
He collaborates with: Medical team, logistic and admin team.MISSION AND PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES
Attendance and involvement at work:
- Observe the MSF charter.
- Perform all activity in line with the MSF protocols and procedures.
- Respect the time schedule and be at work on time (flexible at anytime).
- Treat the patient with care and respect providing good quality care.
- Respect the patient privacy and strictly respect community culture, norms.
- Maintain good relationship with other team members.
- Adhere to MSF Clinical Guidelines and protocols
1. Application of basic hygiene rules
- He / She is responsible for maintaining hygiene within Inpatient Department including ICU.
- Application of MSF protocols for hand washing and use of gloves.
- Application of the disinfection protocol for dressings and invasive medical procedures.
- Waste management and change of safety box as needed.
- Observation of the general cleanliness of the hospital setting and collaboration with the cleaners.
- Education about personal hygiene to patients during hospitalization and at discharge.
2. Nursing care
For all the admitted patients, the nurse:
- Monitors patients' vital parameters, intake and output, and records them on the observation sheets.
- Ticks off and counter-signs treatments given to patients in their files.
- Participates in the medical round and informs the doctors of the progress of each patient.
- Organizes ordered investigations and enclosed the results accordingly.
- Gives appropriate diet to patients according to medical prescription.
- Listens to the patient's complaints and informs the doctors accordingly.
- Maintains a hygienic environment for patients in IPD as well as collaborates with the relatives or the cleaners to help the patients look after their personal hygiene.
- Sets up procedure for septic isolation and educates patients and relatives about the necessary precautions.
For all patients under her responsibility, the nurse:
- Provides nursing care: vital parameters, oxygen therapy, IV fluids, nasogastric tube, gastric lavage, etc.
- Registers the patient's information in the registration book and make sure of the diagnosis from the Gynecologist and Anesthetist.
- Cleans and organizes the emergency trolleys and medical equipment as appropriate.
- Keeps record of activity during the shift and of any change in prescriptions for patients.
- Constantly patients' monitoring, contacting immediately anesthetist in case of emergency.
- Ensuring proper handover to incoming colleagues, drawing attention to any notable events during the shift
- Participating in the nursing meeting for exchanging information on the state of the patients.
- Checking the medicines and material at every shift changeover.
- Noting the daily consumption and writing it in the sheet.
- Participating in weekly inventory and weekly order.
- Sending material to be sterilized/recuperating it from sterilization
- Informing the Head Nurse of the various needs and in event of medical error.
- Participating in ongoing personnel trainings.