The following JD is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Position: Logistics Assistant
Responsible to: Logistics Officer/PM
Merlin International Profile
Merlin specializes in health, saving lives in times of crisis and helping to rebuild shattered health services. Each year, Merlin helps more than 15 million people in up to 20 countries.
Context and Background
Merlin has been operational in Pakistan since 2005, providing life saving activities for the most vulnerable communities in Kashmir, Baluchistan, FATA and KPK provinces. Merlin first became operational in Pakistan following the 2005 earthquake in Kashmir, and has since responded to a number of emergencies including the Yemyin Cyclone in 2007 and Ziarat quake in 2008 in Baluchistan, and the IDP crisis from 2009 onwards, affecting various districts of KPK. Merlin also responded to the catastrophic floods in 2010 and 2011. Since 2008 Merlin has also been implementing a large-scale development project focusing on malaria control in is currently working in collaboration with the Pakistan Ministry of Health and the Global fund to implement the Governments control programme across 14 districts of the country.
Currently Merlin is operational in two Provinces (KPK and Sindh) and implementing integrated health and nutrition programmes. Merlin has provided the emergency response in Sindh Province, in the South of Pakistan. The programme is implemented in three districts Badin, Dadu and Thatta providing integrated RH, nutrition and health services to flood affected populations. The provincial office is based in Thatta.
The incumbent will be responsible for operational activities in regional office. Under supervision of SLO the person will assist in all operational documentation and process and coordinate with field office for supply, procurement and movement of staff.
SPECIFIC TASKS & DUTIES:
- Assist in maintaining and submitting logistical, financial and administrative reports as required.
- Assist in stock control in consistent with Merlin protocols and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining Logistics activities like management of equipment, procurement schedules and filing of documentation.
- Assist regional office in ensuring logistic process and procedures are followed and maintain tracking of routine ongoing tasks.
- Responsible for Documentation of CBA, PO, SRP, GRN, CCR etc.
- Issue office supplies and maintain documentations for audit purpose and ensure logistic process is in place.
- Responsible for fueling of vehicles and prepare consumption reports and present documents for payment.
- Plan field movements and manage vendor drivers.
- The incumbent will be responsible for managing duty roasters for security guard, drivers.
- Ensure security procedures and followed and everyone is aware of security protocols.
- To supervise and co-ordinate all fleet movement and to oversee movement of vehicles with either region.
- In collaboration with field or main offices, prepare and / or process supply requests (SR) and Requests for Quotations (RFQ) for all procurement.
- Liaise with field offices and ensure that all relevant specifications of supplies are stated
- Assist Logistics Coordinator in tenders
- Obtain quotations from various vendors for authorized procurement to achieve a competitive and fair bidding in line with donor regulations
- Ensure that all documentation is according to Merlin and donor rules and regulations
- Ensure that all relevant signatories have been consulted and signed before raising the PO.
- Together with the Warehouse and Transport Officer be the focal point for receiving and examining all incoming supplies from the vendor and prepare and authorize waybills and Goods Received Note (GRN)
- Responsible for liaising between field/main office and vendor, in case of faulty or broken supplies, and return faulty goods to the vendor or arrange for repair where applicable
- Liaise with the Finance department to administer final payments to vendors inline with the terms and conditions outlined in the PO
- To provide other support when require.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree from recognized university MBA will be preferred.
- At least 1-2 Years experience in dealing with medical warehousing.
- Can prepare reports and summaries and spoken English.
- Good organizational skills
- Experience in administration and related issues
- Computer skills; including Window programs Excel, Word, Outlook Express, etc
- Potentials to take challenges and manage dead lines
- Multitasking person with potential to handle Logistics matters and coordinate.
- Experience of working for INGO in hard areas and tough environment.