The following JD is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Position: Nutrition Information System Assistant
Responsible to: DNC
Merlin International Profile
Merlin specializes in health, saving lives in times of crisis and helping to rebuild shattered health services. Each year, Merlin helps more than 15 million people in up to 20 countries.
Context and Background
Merlin has been operational in Pakistan since 2005, providing life saving activities for the most vulnerable communities in Kashmir, Baluchistan, FATA and KPK provinces. Merlin first became operational in Pakistan following the 2005 earthquake in Kashmir, and has since responded to a number of emergencies including the Yemyin Cyclone in 2007 and Ziarat quake in 2008 in Baluchistan, and the IDP crisis from 2009 onwards, affecting various districts of KPK. Merlin also responded to the catastrophic floods in 2010 and 2011. Since 2008 Merlin has also been implementing a large-scale development project focusing on malaria control in is currently working in collaboration with the Pakistan Ministry of Health and the Global fund to implement the Governments control programme across 14 districts of the country.
Currently Merlin is operational in two Provinces (KPK and Sindh) and covering different districts and implementing integrated health and nutrition programmes.
Merlin has provided the emergency response in Sindh Province, in the South of Pakistan. The programme is implemented in three districts Badin, Dadu and Thatta providing integrated nutrition and health services to flood affected populations. The provincial office is based in Thatta.
- The position holder will be responsible to maintain nutrition related documents and reporting formats, at district level. He will be assisting in preparation of monthly and weekly reports for donor and internal use.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure smooth reporting of NIS in Badin office on daily and weekly basis.
- Develop an effective Coordination with UNICEF and other organs in providing project progress and achievements updates.
- Feed the daily registration and progress data in NIS system.
- Submit timely reports to donors and other stake holders in districts.
- Develop a good working relation with Nutrition field staff and at district level.
- Will be responsible in preparation of weekly and monthly reports.
- Conduct field visits on weekly or monthly basis to facilities and ensure reporting procedures and followed with required standards.
- Orientated field team in filing and reporting mechanism.
- Other tasks as designated by the line manager.
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the NIS Assistant. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Masters in Computer Science with at least 1years of experience on the same position or
- Bachelor of Computer Science with 2 years of experience on the same position
- Effective verbal and listening & communications skills in local languages and English.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity& good knowledge of local norms.
- Previous experience working with NGOs
- Previous experience of working as NIS Assistant.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)