The following JD is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Position:Project Officer (BCC)
Program: Malaria Control Program
Line Manager: Training Coordinator
Technical Line Manager: Project Officer/Training Coordinator
Location: Peshawar/Quetta with travel to field
Start Date: Immediate
Duration: 1 year
Merlin International Profile
Merlin is the only UK health specialist charity, founded in 1993, which responds worldwide, with vital healthcare and medical relief for vulnerable people affected by natural disasters, conflict and healthcare collapse. Each year, Merlin assists more than 15 million people, in up to 20 countries, through working with local healthcare actors including government, community groups and NGOs.
Merlin is implementing Malaria Control program through strengthening the capacities of existing healthcare delivery systems in selected highly endemic districts of NWFP and Balochistan provinces with financial assistance from The Global Fund for fight against HIV AIDs, TB and Malaria. The programme is implemented in close collaboration with local ministry of health and federal and provincial directorate of malaria control. A core team of technical and non technical workers is being recruited to provide the required support for quality and timely implementation of the project.
The Project officer abd Training Coordinator will work in close coordination and cooperation with the Senior project officer and malaria Project Coordinator to ensure coherence of approaches, donor compliance, proper coordination with all stakeholders, programme implementation and share the lesson learned to facilitate communities acceptance. With overall technical guidance from Senior Project officer and direction from the malaria Project Coordinator, the position holder will conduct need assessments, strengthen malaria BCC at community levels, collect, compile and tabulate programme data and provide technical support of partners at all levels.
Programme development and Capacity Building
- Assist Training Coordinator in development and field testing data collection and need assessment tools and formats.
- In Collaboration with SPO, conduct BCC seminars
- Identify gaps in LLIN and IRS implementation at community levels of KPK, Baluchistan and FATA.
- Assist TC in training curriculum and guidelines development
- Assist TC in arranging district and province base training workshops.
- Identify training needs of malaria related heath personnel /LHWs..
- Provide technical and logistical support during malaria training workshops
- Collect and computerize programme data
- Carry out regular field visits to support and monitor BCC in all target districts
- Provide regular feed back on project activities to Program manager on regular basis
- Assist senior project officer in data analysis and preparation of monthly and quarterly reports.
- Social sciences Graduate
- Minimum2 years International NGO experience
- Excellent communication and representation skills
- Excellent report writing writing skills
- Proactive and able to work independently aspart of a team
- Cross-cultural communication skills
- Highly organized and able to follow up on tasks
- Knowledge of Merlin procedure and practices is an advantage
- Fluent spoken and written English and Pashtu
- INGO experience will be preferred
- Previous field experience in targeted areas is essential, preferably in a training role
- Proven problem solving and organizational skills, flexibility and calm under pressure and difficult security conditions.
- Experience in handling finances or related issues
- An understanding and interest in logistics
- Familiarity with computer software .
- Good communicator including reporting skills
- Good team worker; able to live and work closely with the team
- Experience as ToT
- Local languages skills.
- Knowledge of Merlins guidelines and procedures.
- Domicile should be NWFP