To provide primary healthcare services in the static/mobile clinic and outreach activities, support health promotion activities. To maintains accurate patient and Merlin records and provide input to Merlin reports. To participate in the smooth functioning of the Merlin clinic and its activities in the IDP camp.
SPECIFIC TASKS & DUTIES:
- Provide medical consultation, treatment and follow up as per Merlin/WHO/MoH diagnosis and treatment guidelines
- Work closely with the Merlin medical team, MoH staff and other supporting staffing the static clinics / camps.
- Provide regular medical activity reports to the Medical Supervisor/Senior Project Officer in time.
- Attend weekly co-ordination meetings with Merlin medical team and MoH STAFF
- Participate and assist in the preparation/compilation of project medical data daily, weekly and monthly report
- Provide feedback to the Medical Supervisor/Project Medical Coordinator in issues related to the diagnosis, treatment and facility in the static clinics/ camps
- Participate in outreach activities such as health needs assessment, ANC, out reach vaccination campaigns, and improvement of health promotion and hygiene in the IDP camps and its catchments population
- Assist in ensuring the delivery of health and hygiene promotion and water sanitation activities in coordination with health and hygiene promoters and MoH'S staff.
- Assist in keeping and maintaining medical records.
- Supervise and monitor national, MoH staff and the local medical support team as requested, to ensure the maximum use of their skills and their full and effective participation.
- Participate and assist to ensure quality control in the medical facility and the implementation of protocols
- To identify the specific needs and train the medical support staff (Merlin and MoH) on medical related subjects
- Participate and assist in planning of referral patient to referral centers
- Assist in emergency response to disease outbreaks, as needed
- Fulfill other tasks as assigned by Medical Supervisor/Senior Medical Officer
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Fluent in English and Urdu and Pashto.
- Trained medical doctor with recognized qualifications.
- Experience in primary health care and general practice.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity.
- Willingness to travel extensively in the field.