The Supervisor for the Disability programme will be responsible for reporting to PPAF on the following:
A. Gather data of PWDs through a survey of the specified UCs after receiving formal training
B. Project implementation and management
a. Meet with community leaders, identify the local disability needs and introduce the idea of Community Based Rehabilitation to the community
b. Ensuring the development of rehabilitation plans, assessment of progress and streamlining technical assistance to CRWs
c. Supervise and give technical advice to CRWs
d. Make referral to other specialized institutes.
C. Ensure all data entry is complete and properly compiled and shared with PPAF on fortnightly basis
D. Awareness activities about disability issues and the CBR programme
a. Identify the local community knowledge and attitudes about disability
b. Identify priority topics in which community needs education and motivation
c. Ensure inclusion of 350 PWDs per UC per year as members of COs and 250 Children With Disabilities (CWDs) per UC per year in local schools
E. Collection of reports from CRWs and their consolidation for reporting on a shared format to PPAF on monthly basis
F. Identify CRWs needs hindering their professional competence and sending recommendation for further capacity building training
G. Maintaining the data base related to disability activities and beneficiaries
H. Ensure quality of assistive devices
The Disability Supervisor must have
Pro-active and takes up challenges
- A masters degree preferably in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, physiotherapy or MBBS doctor.
- At least Two years related work experience to disability or social mobilization, program planning, implementation and management at supervisor level.
- Computer literacy is compulsory and knowledge on Database applications.
- Has excellent communication skill
- Field work-experience with community and a knowledge of basic social mobilization is desirable
- Working experience in emergency situations and sensitivity to cultural variation
- Has experience in working in partnership with multiple stakeholders
- Not a political, discriminatory, ethnic, sectarian or exclusionary in nature
- Ability to work independently
- Good report writing
- Ability to work in rural/remote locations