• To adapt to the changing environment of NGO sector and forces of the competitive world.
• To maintain constructive, purposeful, trust based and sincere relations with all colleagues working above or under whether directly or indirectly associated.
• To continuously upgrade own knowledge, skills, attitude and application to become more valuable member of MAP family.
• To update management and other concerned with any development, internal or external, which can be of help to improve quality, provide better services and effectiveness and efficiency.
• To participate in all meetings, committees, forums, projects and assignments as required and expected.
• To continuously think for betterment of MAP, it’s progress and its ability to fulfill its mission.
• To maintain highest standards of honesty and integrity in all disciplines.
Planning, Development and Management:
• Oversee health and Nutrition programs and interventions to ensure quality in designing, implementation, scheduling, tracking, and coordination.
• Design sectorial strategies for health and Nutrition department of Muslim Aid in Pakistan in line with international guidelines and priorities.
• Development of concept notes and proposals for initiation of new interventions focused on health and nutrition methodologies and advocacy involving all relevant stakeholders.
• Providing realistic inputs in formulating organizational strategic plans, feedback on other departmental and sectoral policy & procedures and manuals.
• Supervise development of detailed implementation plans for each program /project under supervision and ensure compliance accordingly.
• Designing and implementation of monitoring and tracking framework for all projects under supervision.
• Provide guidance or inputs to rectify the activities diverting from program/projects objectives and seek advice from line manager.
• Monitoring of budgets utilization as per cash flows and recommending corrective measures
• Evaluating financial needs of all projects under supervision and submitting all necessary documents to receive funds accordingly
• Follow ups with relevant departments for timely procurement of goods and services.
Monitoring and Reporting:
• Close liaison with MEAL coordinator to ensure monitoring of all projects in accordance with organizational protocols.
• Field visits for progress tracking, identifying gaps and guidance to teams accordingly and reporting corrective measures.
• To ensure that annual, quarterly and monthly work plans of all projects & staff are developed and being followed accordingly.
• Ensuring that all annual, quarterly and monthly or any other reports agreed with donors are submitted well in time.
• Follow up and monitoring that projects’ teams are adherent to their work plans
• To ensure that proper approvals are sought from competent authorities before implementation of any important changes / decisions in projects implementation
• Ensuring that minutes of all meetings internal or external are documented and shared.
• Liaise and collaborate with other internal sections to ensure smooth functioning of system/policies.
Advisory and Capacity Building:
• Capacity building and guidance to teams through demonstration and feedback on their work.
• Technical inputs and strategic counselling to all programmatic components to ensure delivery of services as per agreed standards and principles.
• Facilitate staff wherever they feel difficulties during implementation of planned activities and guide them through experience & demonstration.
• Also review staff performance critically highlighting areas of improvement matching their outputs against signed job descriptions.
• Develop and review of Terms of Reference (ToRs) for consultancy, contract agreements and procurement papers in coordination of relevant departments.
• Timely and effective coordination with other support departments to address staff related issues.
• Develop sectoral strategies in coordination with UN agencies, government departments and other partners.
• Building synergies between departments and partners to optimize the use of available resources and avoid duplication of resources & efforts while maintain lively relations among all stakeholders.
• Liaising and collaborating with other UN agencies, government counterparts and implementing partners to ensure compliance with agreements and understandings.
• Advocating for organizational strategic priorities and programs among donors, government departments and other organizations working in geographically focussed areas.
• Coordinate with potential donors in close liaison of manager planning and development to seek funding for on-going and new initiatives health and Nutrition.
• Coordination with other sector managers of Muslim Aid to adopt integrated approach in designing new projects.
• Effective coordination and relationship building with other departments to ensure timely procurements, hiring, replacements and arrange support for teams in field.
• Leading visits of donors, evaluators and other missions to field areas as per organizational directions and reporting and sharing outcomes with management accordingly.
Compliance with Global Standards/Risk Management
• To take measures that global standards of HAP, DEC, SPHERE are effectively complied with throughout the project management and program management cycle.
• To perform due role that the program related risks identified in the Risk Register of Muslim Aid Pakistan are effectively managed, mitigated; identify, assess and manage the risks exposure of the Education program on continuous basis
• Understand and comply with the Accountability framework of Muslim Aid taking necessary measures that the Framework is fully adhered to and institutionalized in health and Nutrition program
• To provide technical guidance and leadership in the implementation of SPHERE standards during emergency health and Nutrition interventions
Gender and Tackling Exclusion
• To have knowledge & experience of institutionalizing gender and inclusion into program design and implementation
Required skills and experience
• Muslim Aid is looking for a dynamic, creative and result-oriented person with ability to work with rights based approach
• Ability to grow and expand business in line with strategic priorities of Muslim Aid
• Sound communication skills: for example, ability to represent Muslim Aid in meetings with donors and clusters etc
• Have knowledge and experience of working with institutional donors such as ECHO, EU, UN, DFID etc
• Ability to produce clear and timely written communications in the form of proposals and reports.
• Good understanding of HAP, DEC and SPHERE standards and provisions.
• Knowledge and experience of gender issues and advocacy
• Numeracy, budgetary and financial reporting skills.
• Ability to use initiative when required and when appropriate.
• Ability to effectively manage own time.
• Ability to manage a multi task work load and be flexible to altering priorities in order to respond to changing demands.
• Experience in training and building the capacity of others.
• Ability to live and work well with others in a team situation.
• Strong administrative skills and ability to effectively use technology and follow departmental procedures.
• IT skills: knowledge and experience of MS Office packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) essential.
• Demonstrate a commitment to gender and diversity issues.